Are you running a business? Or, do you love blogging? If you answer YES to only either of the questions, it is the time to start answering YES to both of them. Why? A business blog benefits you in many ways. You can use it to promote your business. If you have a business website, then a blog can help drive traffic to your website. You know, the traffic greatly influences the possibility to get a customer.
How to Use Business Blog In a Profitable Way
First of all, building a business blog is one of the simplest way to increase visibility of your business. Here, you can interact with the existing and prospective customers. The following are some tips to use a blog for your business:
- Plan the content properly; visitors will come repeatedly when you provide them with updated and informative contents. Therefore, make sure to choose the right niche and be consistent with it. Furthermore, plan the posting schedule carefully. If you choose one post per two or three days, be consistent with the schedule.
- Write about your business; make sure to provide contents that are relevant to your business, particularly the products and services you are offering, newly completed projects and achievements, flattering and inspirational stories about your company, job openings, great people in your business, and answers to the customer questions.
- Optimize your blog; Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for your business blog. Therefore, plan and choose relevant keywords carefully. Use the available tools for keyword searching, such as Google Insights. Moreover, do not forget to submit your blog to search engines, particularly Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Build Links to Other Blogs; this is actually a simple technique. If you find a relevant and useful post in another blog, you can write a post about the blog and give external link to it. Alternatively, you can write a comment on the original post and put a link back to your blog. Make sure to choose a popular blog for better results.
- Do not Forget Social Media; this is a great way to drive traffic into your blog. You certainly have accounts in popular social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, right? Make sure to put the post links on your social media.
In conclusion, every post you write provides you with new opportunity to generate new leads. Besides applying those tricks to benefit from a business blog, you can offer the visitors with call-to-action features, such as free e-books, free fact sheets, free trials, and many more. The more visitors subscribe or engage in the call-to-action invitations, the more leads you get, and the more visible your business will be.